Friday, February 06, 2009

Day 1 - Friday

Day one of the holidays has started. we got to the hotel at heathrow and it's nice - although there is nothing else around except hotels, McDonalds and Planes... well what was to be expected!!

We finally arrived at the Sheraton Skyine (my choice) it was all going great until my c-card was declined, then Gaz's was declined - so we though oops!! but then they finally accepted one of them.. it wasn't until we got to the room - saw the mini bar and realised we musn't have had enough to cover the bill if we decided - sorry If i decided - to wipe out the mini bar of all alcoholic beverages.

Our minds were put at rest after a quick trip to the lounge were we went online and found out finances were in order - hotel just expected a pair of drinkers to have turned up - not just the one.

We were nicely suprised with a bottle of Champagne and a bowl of strawberries when we arrived in the room - what was more Suprising was the card being made out to Mr & Mrs Whitaker-Brookes - well I found it funny, Garry was a little bit put out..... ;0)

After having stopped of at Uttoxeter McDonalds for lunch with no other option but good old Ronald we decided to go their for dinner also. It was this or pay £7 for a bowl of soup!!! Inside McDonalds instead of the usual gathering of Chavs and skater-boy's it was full of business men in suits with laptops - so this is what Maccie D's @ Heathrow has to offer, at least it was safe!!
The evening ended with complimentary drinks and canapes in the club lounge - all part of the room deal - I'm not being rude but if i can get the price of my room stay back in drink and food i will try my best - although 3 bottes of Corona, 1 White wine spritzer and a glass of vino as a night cap was all I could manage in 2 hours - and as for gaz, well he had his fresh orange and lemonade!!

It's time for the Sandman now and I need to try on the complimentary roe and slippers - it's a must!! if anybody wants the freebies form the room shout up now as I'm taking them around the world with e - although I reckon little Bro will end up with them. Al if your reading this - free drink and food matey and I can't bring any home for you - sorry!! you know i would If I could fella.

No comments: