Sunday, February 08, 2009

Day 2 - Saturday

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early - breakfast was served..with too much choice for lil old me with a hangover.. So I settled for a couple of croissant - 1 with jam the other with Cheese & Ham.. Mmm Yum.. I must say it looked nicer than Mr Whitaker's crispy bacon butty..

After a little more time watching planes come and go in the room we decied it was time to check-out and pay up - I attempted to use my card (the one declined yesterday) and it was accpeted - funny that considering we didn't attempt to pay £3 for a mars bar out of the mini-bar...the buggers!!

Well it was a short Hoppa Bus trip to Terminal 3 and the excitment was building - Checked in on these quick and simple machines that scan your passport - technology is changing gone are the day so of long queues attempting to check - or so we thought. the machine checked us in then broke and decided it didn't want us to have our boarding passes!! So off we went to queue up and drop bags off in an attempt to collect our boarding cards.

So after a short wait we were all checked in - bags dropped and off to the Departure lounge we did go - yet we weren't waiting in the communal area having to play musical chairs trying to bag a seat with a view of the screens so we could check our flight updates - courtesy of my Big Bro we made our way to the Servis Air lounge and enjoyed the quiet and relaxing atmosphere of no screaming kids and complimentary drinks and snacks - although anyone that knows me knows that me pouring my own drinks isn't good!! Well believe it or not I only had the one G&T - it was a triple - but it was still just the one ;0)

Flight wasn't delayed and off we were - taking off at 12:10 to land the next morning.. so see you then!

No comments: